Tuesday, January 31, 2012

7th, 8th and 9th day

These days went by really quickly. We did some more driving around the country side and getting upset because everything is closed for the season!!!! It’s so funny...it’s winter, yes, but not a typical one since there is no snow in that area! But everything is closed because during this time of the year roads are slippery and dangerous. It’s funny how people look at a calendar instead of the looking outside. Anyways, after having enjoyed the scenery, Salme took as shopping again! This time to places that we had had in mind. It was really exhausting but in the end, my mom got everything she needed and we also got stuff for our family at home. I’m a bit sad that I didn’t find everything that I needed  but then again, I was so tired that I just probably didn’t see things that were right in front of me.
Then the next day we went to “West Point”, which is kind of another town. It is actually a federal military reservation and everybody who lives there is connected to the United States Military Academy of West Point. Well this town is located just next to Highland Falls but in order to get into it, one needs to present their ID etc. I don’t know exactly how it works for the regular tourists but since Altti works there, then I guess it was a bit easier for us. It’s an extremely large, isolated area. There are houses that people can live in, churches, school buildings etc. But now, when I think about it, I’m not very sure if there were any food stores or anything...

And well, at about 14.30 on Monday, we started our trip back home....Altti drove us to the airport. This was so nice of him because we hadn’t had chance to talk much earlier and this allowed us to get to the airport quicker than by train. Our flights back were a dream in comparison to our trip there. The first plane (KLM) was huge! Even bigger than the one we took there. And the best part is that me and my mom had 3 seats for just the two of us! In addition to that, every passenger had their own little screen, where they could watch movies, TV-series, play games or listen to the music. And thanks to the strong wind, we got to Amsterdam an hour early! The flight to Estonia with Estonian Air went also well. It was actually the first time when I flew with a female pilot! Well, she did her job really wellJ The only thing is that I probably left my belt on the airplane but I still have hope to get it back. After 20 hours of travel, I can surely say that I don’t wanna see any airplanes any time soon....heck, I don’t wanna sit any time soon:D:D

There are many things that I will remember from this trip but some of the bizarre ones would be:
·         Everything is closed for the season!
·         Everything in NYC costs minimum 20-25 bucks!
·         The mannequins in stores have huge butts (:D) not like the skinny ones in Europe!

1 comment:

  1. awesome! "I like big butts..." and so on :D:D.
    Lugemise käigus oli sada ideed mida kommenteerida ja nüüdseks on kõik peast läind. Sorry, et enne ei vastanud, kui sisse logid saad teada miks ja me võiks homme millalgi skypeda, nt maitea kella 8 paiku ehk? :)

    ReplyDelete